EDTS Cyber, LLC, was named in an annual MSSP Alert report, which lists the top 100 Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs) based on aggregated data from six sources. Released on Thursday, September 28, 2017, the Top 100 MSSPs, 2017 Edition features 100 companies that proactively monitor, manage, and mitigate cyber threats for businesses, government agencies, educational institutions, and nonprofit organizations of all sizes.
To be considered for placement on the list, a company had to specialize in at least one of the cyber security services listed in Gartner’s definition of an MSSP. EDTS Cyber offers all nine managed security services listed, including:
- Monitored or managed firewalls and multi-function firewalls, or unified threat management (UTM) technology
- Monitored or managed intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems (IDPSs)
- Managed or monitored security gateways for web and email traffic
- Monitoring and/or management of advanced threat defense technologies, or the provision of those capabilities
- Security analysis and reporting of events collected from IT infrastructure logs
- Reporting associated with monitored/managed devices and incident response
- Managed vulnerability scanning of networks, servers, databases or applications
- Monitoring or management of customer-deployed security information and event management (SIEM) technologies
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) mitigation via a remotely managed service
EDTS Cyber is one of eight Southeastern companies listed that serve clients across the United States.
“We are proud to see our name listed alongside so many dedicated cyber security services providers; today’s threats require a unified defense,” says Charles Johnson, Founder and CEO. “At EDTS Cyber, our goal is to provide enterprise-quality security solutions for companies of all sizes, especially small to medium-sized businesses and local government entities, which are likely targets for hackers.”
Building and operating a true MSSP requires major financial, technical, and business acumen. Nearly 74 percent of top MSSPs surveyed — including EDTS Cyber — maintain their own security operations centers (SOCs) on a 24x7x365 basis. Another 14 percent depend on hybrid models in which some SOC services are outsourced, while 12 percent completely outsource their SOC operations.
Demand for MSSPs has escalated amid rising cyberattacks, malware, and ransomware incidents worldwide. The cybersecurity skills shortage has further heightened the need for world-class MSSPs.
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulates EDTS Cyber on this unique honor,” said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “As organizations worldwide scramble to safeguard their digital assets, brand identities and customer relationships, they increasingly leverage the Top 100 MSSPs for effective cyber services.”
About EDTS Cyber
With 85+ employees, EDTS Cyber serves clients across America 24.7.365 from five Southeastern offices in Augusta and Savannah, GA, Columbia and Greenville, SC, and Asheville, NC. EDTS Cyber helps organizations protect their data, secure their systems, respond to cyber incidents, and educate their employees. Learn more by calling 855.411.EDTS or visiting www.EDTSCyber.com.
About After Nines Inc.
After Nines Inc. provides timeless IT guidance for strategic partners and IT security professionals across ChannelE2E (www.ChannelE2E.com) and MSSP Alert (www.MSSPAlert.com). ChannelE2E tracks every stage of the IT service provider journey — from entrepreneur to exit. MSSP Alert is the global voice for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).